Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Doctor is almost (back) in!

     Is anyone else as excited as I am about the imminent return of Doctor Who?!  I fit the bill of the pathetically late-to-the-party Whovian, but I'm okay with that title.  Here's how it started... I'm a huge fan of Pinterest (it's kind of embarrassing actually - check it out if you don't believe me: http://pinterest.com/cherigroves/) and a few weeks ago (has it really been just weeks?!) I finally bit the bullet and pulled up the first episode of the 9th Doctor's season.
     Doctor Who has a HUGE following on Pinterest and all my favorite Geeky boards were harboring him.  What can I say? Resistance was futile.  ANYWAY, I pulled it up on Netflix and the rest as they say is history.  I've been through five and 1/2 seasons in four weeks and I've brought my kids along for the ride.  Although... if I'm honest it's more like I've tied them up and thrown them in the trunk of this ride - eh.  I know they'll love me for it eventually.  
     The seventh season is nearly upon us which is exciting and terrible.  Exciting because I cannot wait! I'm almost finished with the first six seasons and just in time! Terrible because now that I'm just about caught up I'll have to be like normal people and get my episodes once a week!  OH THE HORROR!  Although... REWATCHING all the episodes and soaking it all up again could be fun...
     Hmmm, I wonder if the kids will come along for THAT ride too?  I'd better get some more rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment